After writing sixteen Inspector Lynley novels, New York Times bestselling author Elizabeth George has millions of fans waiting for the next one. As USA Today put it, It’s tough to resist George’s storytelling, once hooked.” With Believing the Lie, she’s poised to hook countless more.
Inspector Thomas Lynley is mystified when he’s sent undercover to investigate the death of Ian Cresswell at the request of the man’s uncle, the wealthy and influential Bernard Fairclough. The death has been ruled an accidental drowning, and nothing on the surface indicates otherwise. But when Lynley enlists the help of his friends Simon and Deborah St. James, the trio’s digging soon reveals that the Fairclough clan is awash in secrets, lies, and motives.
Deborah’s investigation of the prime suspect-Bernard’s prodigal son Nicholas, a recovering drug addict-leads her to Nicholas’s wife, a woman with whom she feels a kinship, a woman as fiercely protective as she is beautiful. Lynley and Simon delve for information from the rest of the family, including the victim’s bitter ex-wife and the man he left her for, and Bernard himself. As the investigation escalates, the Fairclough family’s veneer cracks, with deception and self-delusion threatening to destroy everyone from the Fairclough patriarch to Tim, the troubled son Ian left behind.
- ‘Believing the Lie’: a new Inspector Lynley mystery (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Believing the Lie by Elizabeth George (booktopia.com.au)
- What People Magazine is Reading This Week (Jan 23rd Issue) (kindlereader.blogspot.com)
- Crime reviews: Carol O’Connell, Simon Lelic, Elizabeth George and Paul Johnston (telegraph.co.uk)
- New York Times Best Sellers for January 22, 2012 at ACLS (alleganylibrarydirector.wordpress.com)
- Netflix UK to stream BBC shows (go.theregister.com)
- Who Loves You, Lynley? (themorningnews.org)
- How Tall is Matthew Goode Height and Weight (celebrityheightandweight.com)
- Teen Saves Elderly Man’s Life (myfoxny.com)
- Third series of Luther confirmed (bbc.co.uk)